Terms & Conditions – Homecharge
Chargemaster Homecharge Unit Terms and Conditions
- The Chargemaster Homecharge offer is limited to customers who meet the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) eligibility criteria for the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme.
- Chargemaster Limited is accredited by the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) to access the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme funding. The grant subsidises the cost of installing a residential electric vehicle Homecharge unit for the owners/primary users of electric vehicles. The grant allows us to reclaim £500 towards the cost of installing a Homecharge
unit, installed by Chargemaster.
- You confirm that you are the designated main user / owner of an eligible electric vehicle (EV) as listed by the OLEV, after the 1st October 2016, or have an EV on order. You need to reside in mainland England, Scotland or Wales. You confirm that the installation address specified on the application form is a residential address and that you either own the property or have the consent from the landlord for the Homecharge unit to be installed. You also confirm that there is garage or other suitable private off street parking within your premises, compliant to the conditions set by OLEV, allowing you to charge your vehicle safely and without creating a trip or other health and safety risk to yourself or any other party, with modern household electrics. Full eligibility conditions that can be found on the OLEV website on: www.gov.uk/olev.
- Prices quoted by Chargemaster assume the installation of a non-communicating, non-key operated, Chargemaster Homecharge unit with standard domestic installation costs, based on the assumption of eligibility of a customer qualifying for the OLEV subsidy of £500 (incl VAT). Standard installation costs include a cable run under 15 meters to be fixed flush to the wall (cable not trenched or hidden behind walls, through joists, under tiles/carpets/floorboards, aerial or subterranean runs), with the installation carried out by one man within 6 hours. Prices also assume that correct electrical connections and protections are available on the property, and that no civil works or electrical remedial works are required. Installation is carried out in accordance with BS7671 17th edition wiring regulations, IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation 2nd Edition.
- You declare that you will not claim the VAT back on the installation of this Homecharge unit from HMRC.
- To apply for a government Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme grant on your behalf, we must pass your details onto OLEV. Full details can be found here.
- The usage of the equipment supplied is restricted to charging electric cars and Chargemaster reserves the right to disable or remove the unit in the event of any abuse or misuse of the equipment.
- You agree to indemnify Chargemaster Limited and the installation contractor against any claim (including consequential losses) arising from the installation, use or misuse of the Homecharge unit.
- Your Chargemaster Homecharge unit is covered by a three year limited warranty from the date of installation. The warranty covers technical faults identified with the Homecharge unit but does not cover external damage, general wear and tear or accidental damage caused by an external factor. Chargemaster reserves the right to replace or repair a faulty charger within the warranty period.
- If you have opted to have a Chargemaster communicating Homecharge unit installed, we will collect and provide you with access to usage data for a period of three years from date of installation. Collection of data is subject to availability of mobile phone service at the installation location and cannot be guaranteed. Electric usage data is for your personal informational only and comes with no guarantee of accuracy.
- Upon installation and completion of the all necessary paperwork, the ownership of the Homecharge unit becomes yours, subject to these Terms and Conditions. In the event the Terms and Conditions are breached by you, Chargemaster Limited reserves the right to remove the Homecharge unit, or disable it. You agree to indemnify Chargemaster for all costs incurred by Chargemaster in doing so.
- The terms of the Homecharge Offer may be amended and/or withdrawn by Chargemaster Limited, at any time, without prior notice.
- By submitting the Homecharge application form and/or accepting a Homecharge installation, you confirm that you have read, agree with and comply with all the conditions placed on the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme as published from time to time by OLEV as well as the Chargemaster Homecharge Unit Terms and Conditions mentioned herein, without exception.
- These terms and condition are governed by the laws of England and Wales and as determined by the courts of England and Wales