Terms and Conditions – Range Rover
Range Rover Homecharge Unit Terms and Conditions
Range Rover 01-2018 Chargemaster Homecharge Unit Terms and Conditions
- The Range Rover Chargemaster Homecharge Offer is limited to Range Rover and Range Rover Sport customers. Customer must also meet all the eligibility criteria for the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme. Range Rover and Range Rover Sport customers will be charged £334 (incl VAT) for a 7kW Type 2 socketed or Tethered Homecharge unit with a standard installation, as long as they meet all the eligibility criteria for the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme.
- Chargemaster Limited is accredited by OLEV to access the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) funding. The £500 grant subsidises the cost of installing a residential electric vehicle Homecharge unit for the owners/primary users of electric vehicles. The grant allows us to reclaim £500 towards the cost of installing a Homecharge unit, installed by Chargemaster.
- You confirm that you are the designated main user / owner, or have a vehicle on order, of a new Range Rover and Range Rover Sport, as defined by OLEV as an eligible electric vehicle (EV) for an EVHS grant subsidised installation. You agree to provide to Chargemaster with the necessary vehicle ownership and OLEV documents before Chargemaster comes to your property to carry out the Homecharge installation.
- You confirm that you reside in mainland England, Scotland or Wales, and that the installation address specified on the application form is a residential address and that you either own the property or have the consent from the landlord for the Homecharge unit to be installed. You also confirm that there is garage or other suitable private off street parking within your premises, compliant to the conditions set by OLEV, allowing you to charge your vehicle safely and without creating a trip or other health and safety risk to yourself or any other party, with modern household electrics. Full eligibility conditions that can be found on the OLEV website on: gov.uk/olev
- You declare that you will not claim the VAT back on the installation of this Homecharge unit from HMRC.
- You give Chargemaster Limited permission to apply for the government Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme grant on your behalf and that you may be contacted in the future by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) or its agents to conduct a random check.
- Standard installation costs include a cable run under 15 meters to be fixed flush to the wall (cable not trenched or hidden behind walls, through joists, under tiles/carpets/floorboards, aerial or subterranean runs), with the installation carried out by one man within 6 hours. Prices also assume that correct electrical connections and protections are available on the property, and that no civil works or electrical remedial works are required. Installation carried out in accordance with BS7671 17th edition wiring regulations, IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation 2nd Edition, and any relevant subsequent amendments thereof.
- All images displayed online and in print material are for illustration purposes only and may not fully reflect the actual products or vehicles
- If you have opted to have a Chargemaster “Premium” Homecharge unit installed, you confirm that you understand that usage data will be collected from the Homecharge unit for three years from the date of installation, and that your free access to the electric usage data is limited to this same time frame. You also agree that the Homecharge electric usage data information is only for information purposes and cannot be considered as an electricity meter. The usage data is subject to the mobile phone operator mobile phone signal and the quality of data transmission. You agree that Chargemaster will not be held responsible for the delivery or accuracy of the usage data.
- The usage of the equipment supplied is restricted to charging electric cars and Chargemaster reserves the right to disable or remove the unit in the event of any abuse or misuse of the equipment.
- You agree to indemnify Chargemaster Limited and the installation contractor against any claim (including consequential losses) arising from the installation, use or misuse of the Homecharge unit.
- Your Chargemaster Homecharge unit is covered by a 3 year limited warranty from the date of original installation. The warranty covers technical faults identified with the Homecharge unit but does not cover external damage, general wear and tear or accidental damage caused by an external factor. Chargemaster reserves the right to replace or repair a faulty charger within the warranty period.
- Your personal information will be safeguarded and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and that your details will only be passed to Chargemaster Limited installation contractors, Chargemaster Limited commercial partners and OLEV or its agents if your Homecharge unit is chosen for a random check.
- Customer information will be shared with agreed Recipients. These Recipients are the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and Chargemaster Limited and its commercial partners, as well as any other body that requires this information in respect of the supply of a grant in respect of supporting the supply to you of the Homecharge Unit (the Recipients).
- You give permission for the Office for Low Emission Vehicles, as well other central government departments, and Chargemaster to use your Homecharge usage data (in an anonymised form) to inform future policy development.
- From time to time, Chargemaster / POLAR (and our associated companies) will contact you about our latest news, products and services that we feel would be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our emails at any time.
- Upon installation and completion of the all necessary paperwork, the ownership of the Homecharge unit becomes yours, subject to these Terms and Conditions. In the event the Terms and Conditions are breached by you, Chargemaster Limited reserves the right to remove the Homecharge unit, or disable it. You agree to indemnify Chargemaster with for all costs incurred by Chargemaster in doing so.
- The terms of the Homecharge Offer may be amended and/or withdrawn by Chargemaster Limited, at any time, without prior notice.
- By submitting the Homecharge application and/or accepting a Homecharge unit installation, you confirm that you have read, agree with and comply with all the conditions placed on the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme as published from time to time by OLEV as well as the Chargemaster Homecharge Unit Terms and Conditions mentioned herein, without exception.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and as determined by the courts of England and Wales.
GDPR Compliance Statement
Chargemaster Limited respects and complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Some of the key ways we comply with these regulations are:
- Consent – We explain what you’re consenting to clearly and ask that you explicitly consent to contact from us.
- Breach Notification – In the event of a breach we will notify affected users within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach.
- Right to Access – Users can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.
- Privacy by Design – We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to meet the requirements of this Regulation and protect the rights of data subjects. We hold and process only the data necessary for the completion of our duties as well as limiting the access to personal data to those needing to act out the processing.
- Right to be Forgotten – If you request for your data to be deleted we will do so as long as we do not have a legitimate interest or legal requirement to keep it.